Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Birdhouse: A Homemade Gift

this is an old post that I never published...hence why my little girl looks so young!

On a recent trip to Michaels, Bundle latched onto this little birdhouse and carried it around the whole store. Not being one who allows my child to get something each time we go to the store, I told her we had to put it back when we were leaving. I was prepared for a fight after a recent trip to Michaels ended in a bit of a tug-of-war between Bundle and I. She simply said, "No, Uncle Matt."  I asked if she wanted to buy it for him and she said yes, so we also picked out some paint and paid for it. She did not forget we got it for Uncle Matt (nor did she let go of the birdhouse) for several hours.

A few days later after I painted a base coat with the blue she picked out I asked her again what we were going to do with the birdhouse. "Uncle Matt." was her response. Bundle painted it with white (her choice) washable paint at her craft table.




Uncle Matt loves his birdhouse!


She loved this project so much and we made several more as gifts for people we care about, at her request.

~Angela

2 comments:

Monica Grondin said...

That's so sweet, and a great activity!

Mariel said...

hanks so much for sharing this cute idea with us at ‘Or so she says…’. I would love to have you back again to share even more of your great ideas. There’s a link party kicking off in the morning (every Sat. through Tues.) Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

pin it

02

you may also enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...